Show notes for February 28, 2005.
Welcome to For Immediate Release: The Hobson & Holtz Report, a 62-minute conversation recorded live via Skype from Concord, California, USA, and Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
Download the file here (MP3, 25MB), or sign up for the RSS feed to get it and future shows automatically. (For automatic synchronization with your iPod or other digital player, you’ll also need software such as the FeedDemon RSS aggregator, or the free ipodder or DopplerRadio.)
In this week's show:
- 00:38 Shel and Neville on what's in this week's show; how to give your feedback; show notes
- 01:38 Comments from the last show
- 09:22 Publicists and PR - Jeremy Pepper and Ragan ProfNet; BL Ochman's open letter to PR people
- 15:05 RSS - feeds to go on your mobile phone; Nooked corporate RSS directrory
- 22:26 Podcasting - Adam Curry at 40,000 feet; Lutherans blogging; podcasting from the heart of the Catholic Church
- 32:26 Corporate podcasts and copyright - what protection do you really have over your intellectual property rights?
- 41:20 Video blogging - easy production tools mean vlogging could be the next big thing
- 49:14 Shel - podcast recording traps; a new Apple G4 Powerbook
- 52:58 Neville - is the Firefox 1.0.1 release flaky?; Cliff Atkinson and Beyond Bullet Points
- 56:18 Upcoming interviews: Steve Rubel, Thursday March 3; Robert Scoble, Monday March 7; how to give your feedback; show notes; about the music and the band; outro music
Links for the blogs, individuals, companies and organizations we discussed or mentioned in the show:
Short Takes - Jeremy Pepper, ProfNet, Ragan Communications, PoweR Girls, MTV, Matthew Podboy, BL Ochman, Treo 650, Hand/RSS for Palm OS, Windows Mobile, Feed Demon, Bloglines, Feedburner, Outlook, Nooked, New Communications Forum 2005, Financial Times, The Economist, Wall Street Journal, Adam Curry, Creative Zen Micro, iRiver, Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod, Catholic Insider, Rorate.
Features - Behind the Scenes, Godcast, Podcast Brothers, General Motors, GM FastLane Blog, Autoblog, Windows Media Player, Odeo, Ford, Jason Calacanis, Weblogs, Skweezer, Creative Commons, John Perry Barlow, Robin Good, Serious Magic, Visual Communicator, Vlog It!, DEMO, Peter Jackson, King Kong production blog, Oscars, Million Dollar Baby, Martin Scorsese, Hilary Swank, Clint Eastwood, ANT, Feed Demon, Nick Bradbury.
Personal Takes - Sony Vaio, original IBM PC, Apple G4 Powerbook, iPod Mini, Apple IIe, Radio Shack TRS-80, Firefox, Cliff Atkinson, Sociable Media, Beyond Bullet Points, Microsoft Press, PowerPoint, Tom Mucciolo.
If you have comments or questions about this show, or suggestions for our future shows, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can email your comments, questions and suggestions as MP3 file attachments, if you wish (max. 5Mb attachment, please!). We’ll be happy to see how we can include your audio contribution in a show.
So, until Thursday March 3…
(Cross-posted from For Immediate Release, Shel's and my podcast blog.)