Content summary: Luke Armour's PR paper download; New Communications Forum 2006; announcing IABC conference podcasts; what we've been up to this past week; the Techcrunch party; IABC Communication Commons launches; influential authorities on business blogging - survey; WELS goes to the next level; the Guinness UK marketing blog; Donald Rumsfeld's call for better US government PR; Robert Scoble shoutout; Lee Hopkins report; listeners' comments discussion; FIR community on Frappr; the music; and much more.
Show notes for February 20, 2006
Welcome to For Immediate Release: The Hobson & Holtz Report, an 86-minute podcast recorded live from Concord, California, USA, and Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
Download the file here (MP3, 35MB), or sign up for the RSS feed to get it and future shows automatically. (For automatic synchronization with your iPod or other digital player, you'll also need a podcatcher such as the free Juice, DopplerRadio, iTunes or Yahoo! Podcasts, or an RSS aggregator that supports podcasts such as FeedDemon).
Listen to this podcast now:
In This Edition:
- 00:28 Shel introduces the show; what the show’s about; how to give your feedback; show notes; what’s in today’s show
- 02:03 Luke Armour's PR report available for download (PDF)
- 02:40 Shel and Neville will be running a workshop on podcasting at the New Communications Forum in Palo Alto from March 1-3
- 07:00 Announcing IABC conference podcasts - we'll be producing a series leading up to and during the IABC 2006 International Conference in Vancouver, Canada, from June 4-7
- 08:51 Our first time back together live for a while: we recap on what we've been up to - Shel: travel, client work, Techcrunch party, lunch with Robert Scoble; Neville: travel, client work, Manchester conference, knocked for six, preparing new blog
- Neville's writing a review of Naked Conversations for IABC's Communication World magazine
News and Commentary:
- 17:22 IABC Communication Commons launches
- 22:51 Onalytica survey: influential authorities on business blogging - what's the difference between influence and popularity?
- 36:31 WELS goes to the next level with RSS
- 42:43 Guinness UK launches a marketing blog - and it's good
- 51:35 US Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld calls for better US government PR
- 56:23 Robert Scoble shouts out! (out-take version first)
- 58:53 From Our Correspondent Down Under: Lee Hopkins - weather RSS feeds and TV news broadcasters; FeedDemon2 beta; serendipitous reads and why blogrolls shouldn't disappear any day soon; Newbie Nifty Nev and the Podcast Institute.
Listeners' Comments Discussion:
- 71:04 Steve Rubel responds to our commentary last Thursday on his move to Edelman
- 73:36 Howard Harawitz with a tip on the role of a blog in teaching journalism
- 76:44 Neville wraps the show; let us know your views about today’s discussions; how and where to send your comments; where to find the show notes
- 78:37 The growing FIR community on Frappr
- 80:09 Only Shel live for next Thursday's show with recorded contributions from Neville
- 81:00 Outro podsafe music via the Podasfe Music Network - The Engine Driver by The Decemberists
Links for the blogs, individuals, companies and organizations we discussed or mentioned in the show are posted to the FIR Show Links pages at The New PR Wiki. You can contribute - see the home page for info.
If you have comments or questions about this show, or suggestions for our future shows, email us at [email protected], or call the Comment Line at +1 206 222 2803. You can email your comments, questions and suggestions as MP3 file attachments, if you wish (max. 3 minutes / 5Mb attachment, please!). We'll be happy to see how we can include your audio contribution in a show.
So, until Thursday February 23...
(Cross-posted from For Immediate Release, Shel's and my podcast blog.)